[Dailydrool] Visiting or not visiting in the vetspital

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 12:15:40 PDT 2009

My experience is with a cat rather than a hound, but based on the late Lynx's reactions, I would say "visit". When Lynx was only 5, he nearly died from hepatic lipidosis. He was in the vetspital on death's door for close to two months. I went to see him every day and sat on the floor by his "cage-suite" for several hours, scratching his head. The vetspital was kind to let me do this and simply stepped over me while working. I was told that my visits were the only thing that roused Lynx from his stupor and gave them hope he might make it (he was on lots of IV's and tube feeding as well). Lynx DID make a full recovery--a veterinary miracle--and lived another happy 7 years before succombing to kidney disease/old age. So, based on this experience, I'd suggest visiting and staying awhile next to Clara's quarters if the vet will let you.

On another note, farewell to Princess Brandy. We will light a candle for you.

And, Bo is doing quite well again. I am hopeful that we will be able to manage the colitis with diet alone. Val, Bo, and Harley