[Dailydrool] A small smile

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 6 15:17:05 PDT 2009

Younger Clara is getting better by the minute I am glad to say, but she really was in a snit when she came home from the vet. This is the pup who is never more than a couple of feet away from me and preferably on my lap.
Not only wouldn't she look at me, or allow me to pet her, she avoided me.
I sat on the couch, she sat by the fire. I got up to go to the kitchen, she jumped ontp the couch and all the time giving my the evil eye.
She slept downstairs and didn't stir until Rolph (who really enjoyed being Only Dog again) and I went down. She came back upstairs with us, but still just gave me dirty looks (normally she would be burrowing into my bed).

In the end I explained to her that I hadn't wanted to leave her at the vets, but if i hadn't she would have died. I did it for her.

She cocked her head on one side, then took a giant leap onto the bed and slammed her head into my chest for a cuddle. Now she's back as Little Miss Velcro.

Dog, these hounds are funny.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK