[Dailydrool] Elder Clara Update/////I went and seen her

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue Oct 6 16:47:29 PDT 2009

Momma here. I paced the floor this morning, and then packed her bowl, a blanket off her perch, bland food, turkey breast, and a half of peanut butter sandwich and took off. Clara was snoozing when I got there, and I got in the kennel with her. She was a bit out of sorts at first, and then she recognized my voice, turned her head and looked up at me, I could see she does not feel well, but I could also see she still has fight, there was a bit of attitude on that old face. She is mad at me, and I just continued to talk to her and rub her ears. I unpacked the food, and she turned her head, refused to eat. The nose did wiggle, and she was panting a bit, so I took my finger and got the chicken broth on it and touched her tounge.She did lick her chops, but would not eat. I spooned in some broth, rubbed some on her gums, she still would not eat. I brought out the peanut butter sandwich and waved it under her snooter. The ears perked up----I broke off a bit of bread and she took it--and spit it out immediately. Sooooo close, yet so far away.

Clara has the kennel mate from hell. A large dog that was screaming about loosing his man parts I guess-but enough to give me a pounding headache.

She looks tired, and I am sure I overstayed, and Hubby came up and seen her about a hour later. They are doing daily blood work right now and she is still on the IV's, antibiotics and pain meds. I told her how many good folks were asking of her and how the drool would make her feel better,and she laid her head in my lap. Somehow I think she understood.

When I got home the royal sniff was on full blast. Jake jumped up on me with such force that he had me pinned against the wall-I let him take his time and sniff. As far as Elwood, it was like once he got the scent, he went into hi gear, running and barking. Daisy and Bob took a sniff and motored on. It appears it made them feel better.

I have had so many kind e-mails and calls, so many folks that care about this old, yet wonderful hound that it just brings tears to my eyes. I love her so much, and I am so worried. She is in wonderful hands, I know this, but leaving her there broke my heart.

I left the food there, maybe she will eat tonight--we know the power of drool, and prayer, and so many wonderful folks thinking of her-I told her she has to get better, there are many seniors that need her help.

I will update and keep everyone posted, and once again, thank you all, please keep the drool coming-

Debbie Winchester
Ol' Bob, Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake
OEBE Elder Clara, Queen of Farts