[Dailydrool] Not cone Slater, and advice needed

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 16:43:49 PDT 2009

Slater is quite happy! The cone is off, the stitches are out (even though he
protested & acted like they were trying to kill him!) and he's his old
goofy, moody self.

Only problem is the ears... they still have a yeast infection. I believe
he's had it awhile as he HATES to have his ears messed with! (I would to if
I was in his place, I think!!) but, I have to get his ear meds in him. He's
got some seriously long ears! Problem is, the teeth are always the first
thing to wake up, and you can only avoid them so long, but I really NEED to
get these meds in him! He deserves to finally feel better!!

Anyone got any tips for battling a yeasty ear infection? Or tips on how to
get the meds into a VERY reluctant hound? (I'm assuming it's 'cause it's
been an on going problem for awhile, and he's just plain miserable!)

Why do these hounds fight w/us about what will in the end help them feel
better?!

The boys send drool to all those who need it!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Slater, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473

GABR Waddle Pledge page: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds