[Dailydrool] Slater's ouchy ears

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 9 19:41:40 PDT 2009

Poor Slater.He doesn't understand that it's for his own good, but if he won't cooperate, maybe a muzzle would be best to keep bloodshed to a minimum and hopefully you can be faster that way and get it over with.That being said, My vet started using a prescription called Panofite a while ago.This stuff has helped my six basset ears tremendously.You put one dropper full in each ear only once a day for two weeks, and you don't clean them during that whole time.I do use some epi-otic to wipe off the insides when they fling the gunk out, but it just seems less stressful on my pets.At the end of the two weeks I'll clean and sloosh them out with the epi-otic then go back to using that once a week. In a perfect world I remember to clean them,in an imperfect world I forget. Then we're back to Panofite! You gotta love those ears! Yogi and Carlie Jane and Bernie are slinging sympathetic drool Slater's way.
Janet, Carlie Jane, Yogi, Bernie (my grand basset) and Bunny (weimaraner's gert bad ears too)