[Dailydrool] house of puddles saves stanley from missouri

Helena Poist helena at proplanner.com
Sat Oct 10 16:21:08 PDT 2009

Stanley's story... Stanley was in a shelter who does NOT allow any adoptions only reclaims. Until recently, only one rescue was allowed to pull two days a week. The dogs were euthanized on  the 5th day they were there ON THE HOUR. Few dogs make it out. The local basset rescue "tagged" Stanley but we were told that another rescue tagged him first and after 5 days his picture dropped off the website. We did not know that the rescue never showed and Stanley was put in the back of the shelter. This shelter does not provide any shots to the dogs while they are there nor do they treat the dogs to any medical care. Stanley was in the back of the shelter for 18 more days growing sicker by the day. A rescue was going through the shelter and happen to see Stanley and the staff immediately said they would put him down. Since we had tagged Stanley earlier - we wanted to give that second chance. Stanley had a bad upper respiratory infection with green snot coming out of his nose. His eyes crusted shut. No transport will allow him to travel so until we cleared that issue, Stanley was isolated the best we could. Once we transported him to my friend's shelter for the rest of his vaccinations and altering we found that he was also in pain with a bad foot and that he was much older than we knew. At this time, we asked the House of Puddles if she could help. and we know Marilyn could not say NO to this guy.. so soon he will heading to retirement and love..

so many dogs are sent to this shelter.. and many bassets. nearby there is Joplin, MO who has a gassing facility. The rural shelters who dont use petfinder once full, send them here to be gassed. they go in the front door and right out the back... with no chance....One week we took 5 in one week and thanks to ABC basset rescue, they were sent to them for adoption. Bassets have no value in southern missouri. We get the nicest basset hounds ever from there... My foster Henry is just so sweet. He loves to sleep you with l ike a person and showers love on you. I just hate to think that he would not have made it outta there.

so thanks Marilyn and HOP for saving stanley and ABC for saving the Joplin 5.