[Dailydrool] Catch up

Hilary Stevens hilaryjane at msn.com
Sun Oct 11 14:03:07 PDT 2009

We wrap pills up in processed cheese.  We roll part of one up into a ball and play a game of catch.  Alfie is pretty good at opening his jaws at the right time but you have to be a pretty good shot.  He doesn't move his head if you are off target.  After a couple of 'dummies' we slip a pill into the cheese and hey presto.  Sometimes though he will spit out the pill. Millie wouldn't dream of demeaning herself by playing these games.

It has been a while since we last posted and we send soft, sad ahroos to all those that have crossed the bridge in the last few weeks.  We are keeping all paws crossed that Elder Clara regains her appetite.  Come on girl!

We have been in our new home for a week now and the hounds have adapted wonderfully to their new surroundings.  We have a decent garden and they love chasing each other in and around the cars.  Millie is super-quick, and smart.  Far too quick for slow coach Alfie.  I could watch them for hours playing their games.

Maybe others' have noticed something similar - but I've been watching mine at mealtimes and I've noticed that while Alfie will snarf his down, Millie will wait until Alfie has finished before starting hers.  He'll then sit hopefully, watching her as she gingerly sniffs and delicately consumes hers.  If he gets too close she'll see him off.  She seems to actually enjoy teasing him.

Our other news is that at the grand ol' age of 36, I am expecting my first two-legger.  My Mum reckons children are less work than the houndage but I'm not so sure.  We'll see.

Woofs from the UK

Hilary, Enci, Alfie and Millie