[Dailydrool] Pilling a dog

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 15:19:45 PDT 2009

I worked for a vet when I was in college so pilling dogs has never  been a
problem. Even with my fosters, I never made a big deal out of it.
Sit down with dog and use your weight to pin them against something
Put hand over muzzle and keep fingers covered with their lips while you pry
 the mouth open. This way if they try to bite down, it hurts so they stop.
Stick pill in as far as you can and then flick it with your forefinger and
slam muzzle shut. Blow in nose, scratch throat, until you see or hear a
gulp.
Give treat and a "good dog"
Now pilling a _c at t_ (mailto:c at t) - that is something for America's  Got
Talent!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan