[Dailydrool] Shelby's surgery

Janet Heald basset_hound_home at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 16:39:25 PDT 2009

Our Shelby is going in for exploratory surgery on Tuesday morning.  A couple weeks ago there were some stomach issues that caused us to take her to the vet and the x-ray showed a softball size mass in the stomach area.  She also had pneumoia.  We've had her on meds since to strengthen the lungs.  We are thinking she may have had this mass growing for over 5 years and the vet says that would definitely make the prognosis better.  Since we lost Dottie & Gus earlier this year we decided Shelby deserved this investment as she has always been the healthiest of the three.  I just can't even imagine receiving a call on Tuesday stating the worst and dealing with all three of our sweeties being gone within 6 months.  I'm thinking positive!!

Janet and her sweet hound Shelby