[Dailydrool] Pilling and peanut butter and cats

AnitaW a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 11 17:06:44 PDT 2009

I have had cats all my life, and let me agree with the others, trying to get
a cat to take a pill is a nightmare.  No, that's not true - it's easy to get
the pill down the cat.  It's impossible to keep the pill down the cat.
Every cat I've had in the last 30 years will sit there and gag themselves
until they throw the pill back up.  So you put it back down, and gag, gag,
gag, up it comes again.  Over and over until the poor human gives up.  I
quit giving cats pills many years ago - they're smarter than me and I admit
it.  The hounds are soooo much easier.

Suz - my new girl, Anna, also had never had peanut butter until she got
here.  At first she turned her nose up, but she kept seeing the others
gobble it up (peanut butter is the only thing that makes little Holly
drool), so Anna finally decided to try it.  Took a few days, but she decided
it's good stuff, too.  Now when I give one of the others their pills in a
glob of peanut butter, I leave some on the spoon and let the spoon dangle
down to my side like I don't know it's there, and Anna sneaks up from behind
and licks the spoon clean.  Of course I don't know that this is happening,
she's being sneaky and I certainly don't want to spoil her fun!!

Anita Woodrum

a.woodrum at sbcglobal.net