[Dailydrool] scaredy cat/crazzy pup

Nadine Mysker nadine at mysker.com
Sun Oct 11 17:50:33 PDT 2009

Jill the Bagel came to us terrified of everything and not knowing how
to play.  We've worked through most of her phobias except loud bangs
(i.e. thunder, gun shots, fireworks) and lightening and she has
finally opened up as a playfully crazy pup.  Which leads me to her two
latest stories . . .
Last night DH was holed up in the guest room with a stomach pain.
Jill was snuggling next to me down the hall in the Master bedroom.
Low and behold, DH is channel surfing (mind you the house is dark
except the light from his TV) and Jill goes ballistic.  Apparently she
thought the TV was lightening.  Turning it off calmed her almost
immediately.  Admittedly, she did sleep under the bed the rest of the
night.
She has also fallen in love with a furry tree stump filled with 3
stuffed squirrels.  When things are too quiet, like DH is watching
golf and I'm near him reading the latest best seller, Jill finds
"Stumpy & the Kids" and starts whipping them around the room, stomping
and biting the kids for a full 10 minutes and then goes in to
hyperoverdrive and 500's through three rooms, up and down the stairs,
and if possible, straight into the yard!  This from the pup who had no
idea how to play pull toy or frisbee or ball or anything two years
ago!
Nadine Mysker slave to Jill