[Dailydrool] Home made pill pockets

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 18:05:49 PDT 2009

Here is my recipe for home made pill pockets.  I have not tried it yet, so can't say if it works good or not.

Homemade Liverwurst Pill Pockets
Ingredients:
3/4 cup plain shredded wheat cereal
3 ounces Liverwurst (room temperature)
2 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)

Instructions:
Place shredded wheat in a bag and crush by using a rolling pin
Mix liverwurst and cream cheese together until smooth
Mix with shredded wheat
Roll into small balls (the size of gum drops)
Store in the refrigerator in a re-sealable plastic bag or container
Treats will last about 7 to 10 days

These pill pocket treats are really simple to make. When it's time for your
dog to take his medicine, simply take a "dough" ball and hide the pill
in the center. Then offer it to your dog like a treat.

 Karen and Roscoe, Millie, Elwood, Beatrix & Belle our foster
See Belle and the other fosters at www.earstexas.org