[Dailydrool] Kelvin's latest

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Mon Oct 12 08:04:48 PDT 2009

Well, today was Kelvin's 2 month blood work check, this afternoon
actually.  He was puky yesterday and refusing to eat last night so I
called the vet this morning and asked if they still wanted him in since
I was afraid he'd have BUN numbers that would be artificially low.  Was
told to bring him in immediately to be on the safe side because the vet
thought he could be having an attack.  He officially fasted the usual
amount of time we normally do before these tests since we decided to
pull blood early.

This time we ran a full CBC, to be on the safe side.  Vet comes in after
the test prints out and looks at Kelvin, then at me, then back at
Kelvin.  "Well, I'm a bit shocked myself but everything is normal.  I
mean every thing we look at is normal, there are no elevations
anywhere.  Whatever you are doing keep it up."

Kelvin doesn't have to have another blood test for 4 months unless I see
a change that is indicative of the CRF getting worse.  We are officially
in the management stage of this battle!!!

He's also acting like a basset/dog again.  He's playing with the others
a bit.  Running around and being a normal senior dog.  He just stops the
second I'm out there so getting a video for proof is hard.
Never let it be said that an old skinny dog dumped at a shelter with
tick fever and renal failure can't or shouldn't be saved because Kelvin
has proved that quite wrong!  All it took was groceries, a few blood
tests and working through a new food recipe to get the right level of
protein.
http://www.krausdesigns.com/images/Dogs/DSCF4119a.JPG

Carmen and herd