[Dailydrool] Screaming hounds

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Oct 13 07:56:45 PDT 2009

Jaquelynn wrote: <<And for the shots, she would start to scream when she saw
the needle even before I administered treatment. She even did that to the
Vet when he wanted to draw blood on time. It was rather funny. The entire
hospital heard her scream, and he hadn't even touched her yet.>>

According to my vets, this is what usually happens when you hear a screaming
dog. They get all worked up before anyone touches them and calm down when
the procedure is done. Our Jane is among the worst offenders, I am sure,
when it comes to this--she hates having her nails done. She sounds as if
murder is being committed, when they haven't laid a finger on her.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets