[Dailydrool] Nancy's escape, how to pill a cat, and my first basst transporty

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 13:59:04 PDT 2009

Holy cow, Suz. Nancy's escape sounds terrifying. I'm so glad you found her.

I laughed til I cried over "How to pill a cat". Seems right to me

And I am so excited. I will do my first airbound "basset transport" on the 23rd. Buddy, the nine year old neglect case I wrote about on a previous Drool, has been adopted on Oahu. Buddy will fly over with me when my husband and I fly to Oahu for a business meeting of his. I am hoping Buddy will be a better flight passenger than Bo and Harley were when we moved here. There is still lots to do: vet certificates and reservations. I was humbled by the fact that three potential adopters stepped forward to adopt Buddy. Several of the potential adopters have been waiting over three years to find a basset here in Hawaii! I ask again, any rescue out there on the mainland willing to do the four months of preparation on the mainland to send a basset to Hawaii bypassing a long stay in quarantine? There are homes here for sure.

Drool to all in need. Aloha, Val

http://mail.yahoo.com