[Dailydrool] Blue Power recipe

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:56:18 PDT 2009

16 Oz. Isopropyl Alcohol (60 percent)...70 is ok too
4 Tablespoons Boric Acid Powder
16 Drops Gentian Violet Solution 1%

You may have to ask the pharmacist for the Gentian Violet ( do not pay more than a couple of bucks for it!) as well as the Boric Acid- or shop online. Hispanic neighborhoods tend to have the violet in stock more than others.

I mix it up in a washed out Heinz ketchup bottle- makes it easy to shake up before use, the boric acid will not dissolve and settles at the bottom.

I can't find my original recipe- at first just flood the ears and let them shake out the excess ( outside or somewhere where purple spotted walls don't matter). Just wipe the ear flaps dry. Repeat every other day for a week. Start cleaning out ears after a couple of days. Once ears seems ok you can just do this weekly. I'm sure someone else has the proper instructions and will post them.

Angelika