[Dailydrool] Venting (sorry, long)

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Wed Oct 14 02:39:59 PDT 2009

This morning I took the dogs out for their early morning walk. I'm not good at mornings.

We walked round the corner.  Rolph was sniffing around and Clara stopped for a pee on the pavement. Suddenly a car mounted the pavement and drove right at us. I pulled Rolph towards me and looked at the driver to try and work out what he was doing.

He wound down his window and yelled "Don't let your dog sh*t on my drive!" I replied that he wasn't, so the man ponted at where Clara had peed and yelled "He looks like he was going to".

Normally I would have just walked away, but I was so fed up and 'morningish' I suggested if he couldn't tell the difference between sh*t and p*ss he should get his eyes tested.

Feeling pretty angry, I stomped on and past the pub, which I don't tend to walk past during opening hours after their Malumite started attacking Clara. However, at 7.20am I felt it would be OK. Wrong. Min was on the decking and flew off attacking both Rolph and Clara. Because of the large number of chicken bones in this area my dogs wear muzzles, so they didn't have a chance against this much bigger aggressor. I was yelling for the owner and yelling at Min and eventually broke up the fight. No sign of the owner and by now I had smoke coming out of my ears. I stormed into the pub to confront the landlord - who was nowhere to be found (hiding? I must have looked pretty wild). I then shouted that I was going to the police and stormed out again.

I am so angry. I really have called the police. It is stupid that I can't walk on a public pavement. Plus if I was an elderly lady I would have been bowled right over and probably the dogs and I would have been hurt.
As it was there was no skin broken, but Rolph, in particular, was really roughed up and he was flat basseting trying to go back and finish the fight. And I have been working so hard on stopping him being grumpy with other dogs. Grrrrrrr

Vnt over

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK