[Dailydrool] Drool for Basil, please

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 03:05:29 PDT 2009

If anyone has some to spare, could you please send some drool for Basil? He wasn't feeling well last night (shaking and uncomfortable) so I took him to the emergency vet. The vet initially thought it was just something he ate, but after several hours of observation and pain meds, he wasn't feeling better, so the vet did an xray and found that there was fluid in his abdomen. They did a tap and found that it's blood. Apparently the only way to tell what is causing it is to actually open him up - the vet thinks it may be his spleen. If it is, they will be removing it.

Assuming all goes well, I won't know anything for several more hours.

I was just thinking to myself yesterday morning that it had been seven months since I adopted him and he'd never needed a single visit to the vet... I guess I jinxed things.

Esther, Basil, and Waldo ATB