[Dailydrool] Cat bites and Brudder Elwood

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Wed Oct 14 12:29:20 PDT 2009

Pam, years ago DH got bitten by one of our cats.  He (the cat not my husband, LOL) was very independent and didn't enjoy being touched or held.  This happened during one of my then FT work rotations so I wasn't even aware of it for a couple of days. When he told me I asked if he had washed it out thoroughly; of course he said yes.  NOT!  A day or so later he had a nasty red streak running from the wound up his arm and was admitted to the hospital for over a week on IV antibiotics with a nasty blood infection.  You're right about cat bites being worse than dog.bites.  The ED doc confirmed this.

I think the reason for the referral to the ED was because he was turfing the need to report the bite to the health department. All animal bites must be reported. Some towns just ask for proof of rabies vaccination, others will quarantine the offender for a week to ten days.

Now, for some words from Elder Dozer -

"Brudder Elwood, you poor houndie baby...no special food and inspection of your "business'? Listen up, you little whippersnapper!.Elder Clara is one of my personal heroes, young man. She rules you rapscallions with an iron paw, trying to keep you out of trouble. Probably part of the reason she got sick in the first place...harumph. But, I digress.Deal with it! Remember when you were in the vetspital and your momma was all worried about your houndie self and give an old lady some respect.

Clara, dear,  Dozer Boneworthy at your service.  I am very heartened to read in the Drool that you are beginning to regain your appetite. It is impawtant that such an icon as yourself remains in her best form.I adore reading your column each month. Such wisdom...sigh.Please continue to feel better...and give that boneheaded Brudder a roar to remind him who is in charge."

At your humble service,

Dozer Boneworthy Lowrider