[Dailydrool] Spleen removal

Synthia Ross srossdo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:06:43 PDT 2009

 Drool for Basil after his surgery!!!
Barney had his spleen out last March for a softball sized tumor, and another
golf ball sized one we found at the end of the spleen when he was opened up.
There were signs of bleeding, but nothing major yet - we got in there just
in time. He did have a malignant tumor, but 7 months later he is going
strong! He's about 13 years old, so I didn't know what to expect. We did
another ultrasound about a month ago and his liver and kidneys are clear.
There are changes at the base of the spleen, but no way to tell by the U/S
whether it's just scar tissue or cancer. But, we've gotten much more time
that the statistics show, and he is still moving right along. Now he's
getting ready to move to NY and try life in the Adirondacks. Such a sweet
boy, I'm so happy he did well with the surgery and hasn't let a cancer
diagnosis get him down.

With luck and drool, Basil will get the same result!

Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Kahuna, Pearl, Peaches
Ace & Kirby