[Dailydrool] Pierre update

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 15 18:08:09 PDT 2009

Well,

Pierre has been at the Vet's since Monday, and he was not responding to treatment.  I have been allowed to visit him, and this morning's visit was very depressing.  I was on and off crying, but I try to always remember Gurdjieff's advice about this, and I try to keep it under control.  I went back earlier this evening, and while he is still very sick, I did see a glimmer of hope.  He gave me kisses, wagged his tail, and seemed to have a bit more energy.  They put me in a room with him, and I laid on the floor with him, just like we do in bed - nothing weird, just the love we share.  I stayed a little over an hour, and this is the highlight of the improvement news.  When he had his afternoon walk, he walked well instead of walk/stop walk/stop, etc.  For the first time, after I left from visiting him this morning, he BARKED AND HOWLED a lot.  I had all the other hounds in today for routine care (anal glands, pedicure and second flu shot), and he was pleased and excited to see them, as the area where he is kenneled is where the techs work.  I am sure he cried a lot after I left tonight, but I will go early tomorrow and again in the afternoon.  The weekend will be complicated, (Sis back to work)  but Pierre and I will fight his illness together.  Pierre owns my heart, .... no disrespect to the other hounds
Jackie