[Dailydrool] Send Drool to Basset Rescue

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 15 20:49:36 PDT 2009

Western Missouri Basset Rescue has had so many owner surrender calls lately it really is sad. Everyone it seems is losing their homes. This week we got a call from two breeders losing their homes and needing someone to take their hounds. One lady had 10 adults and 5 puppies. The other two adults and five puppies. We are a small rescue, in fact we have only three volunteers, (at the Pet Expo time my family pitches in and it brings us up to nine volunteers just for those few days of the Expo). We really cannot handle a huge  influx of dogs. I asked the lady in St. Louis with the 15 dogs to try another rescue and I hope she did but I told her if she did not get help wth them we would see what we could do. We recently found out my job is being eliminated in a month and we have a lot of worries so we just need some drool slung this way. We have Luna who is getting two cysts removed this coming Monday, We have a boy whose blood work shows his protein is at critically low levels we are trying to figure out what is wrong but right now he is slowly starving because he cannot keep protein in his blood. He eats like a piggy but he has lost ten pounds the last few weeks. Our vet is trying several meds to help him right now and we hope he gets better, in the meantime I took him off of our website, His name is Rudy. ( has anyone else had this happen?) Tinkerbell is still undergoing treatment for her orbital disease of her eye, she still may need it removed but we are just finishing up the antibiotics and are going to see what happens when she gets through with the prednisone, And we are getting a lame puppy from a lady as soon as he is able to leave his mother because the lady cannot afford to take care of his leg and was thinking if we did not take him she might have to put this baby to sleep. I know you all do wonders with all of that healing drool so please send some our way. ( even though we are small we have saved 207 hounds over the past 5 years) please help us keep saving them send drool quick!