[Dailydrool] 4 bassets need help

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 20:44:21 PDT 2009

Ok, this is a good news, bad news thing.

*First, the good news:* a backyard breeder in North Mississippi can no
longer take care of her breeding stock of basset hounds. This means she is
out of the puppy-making business. Hurray! One down, a zillion to go.

*Now the bad news:* Her four basset hounds are living in a miserable outdoor
pen and not being fed regularly. They're also getting no vet care. And best
of all, they're in a county with no animal shelter, no humane society,
nothing. We're their only hope.

Here are their photos. They'll make you sad, angry, and ready to take
action.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43448204@N03/sets/72157622601261088/

We need foster homes so we can get these guys out of there immediately.  We
cannot get them out until we have a place for them to go. If you can
foster any of these poor hounds, please contact Leanne Potts at
leanne.potts at gmail.com

We will get the dog to you, wherever you are.

*If any of the rescues cc'd on this email can help by taking a couple of
these dogs, let me know and BRBR will transfer them to you. *

The hounds need you. They've spent their lives making puppies in the mud,
heat and cold. They deserve to discover what it's like to be a loved member
of the family who lives in the house.

Let me know what you can do to help.

Thanks
Leanne Potts