[Dailydrool] Daisy's Glaucoma

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Sat Oct 17 06:15:48 PDT 2009

Daisy's glaucoma flaired up in her one remaining eye last week.  We took her to our local vet for immediate care, then Carl took her to Salt Lake City Friday morning hoping they could do a laser procedure to save her eye.  The clinic referred us to their Albuquerque clinic who can do a different procedure they think will be more successful than the laser.  She will need to be there 4 days.  Carl will have to take off work and be there Tuesday night for surgery Wednesday morning.  She can then come home Friday.  I don't know how we are going to pay for it or whether we should really do it.  Everyone says Basset hounds don't need eyes, but we don't want to just let her go blind when we can do something about it.  It's going to be a long weekend.  Drool for the right decision would be helpful.   Ann