[Dailydrool] House Wetting?

Phil Guinn guinnirish at cox.net
Sat Oct 17 08:13:33 PDT 2009

I am sure this issue has been addressed before but, I just don't have time to read every issue of DD so here goes again plus I have old-timers disease.

Ozark Mountain Basset Rescue has recently had a petite female five year old relinquishment that is very sweet and loving. Problem is she pees and occasionally poops in the house even with a doggie door.  I wasn't told this by the lady that had her but I expect it is the reason she came into rescue. The husband was fed up but I didn't know what about.  I put her in a new foster home and the poor lady is a RN and gone sometimes 9 hours a day and she would come home to puddle after puddle on her hardwood floor and remember, she has a doggie door. I chalked it up to separation anxiety, and still do to a degree, but I have her now, she still has a doggie door and 3 good examples to follow (Jake, Maxx & Myrtle) and as I walked around my bed last night, in my carpet, my foot went "squish".

She really seems intelligent but has a 5 year old habit she has apparently been allowed to get away with or she has some other issue? No UTI by the way. What do I do?  I've been in rescue for 8 years and cleaned up a lot of pee but not from a 5 year old that has been an inside dog?

Phil Guinn
& Jake, Maxx and Myrtle