[Dailydrool] Basset Armpits - To Jeff & Maggie

ILVBASSETS at aol.com ILVBASSETS at aol.com
Sat Oct 17 16:13:01 PDT 2009

Jeff,

My 1 year old basset Bentley is going through the same thing.  His
underarms are bare of fur and red as well as around his mouth.  This  first
appeared in the spring but went away with antibiotics, Benadryl and  Gentocin
spray.   It came back in September with a vengence and the  vet says seasonal
allergies but I've noticed there is a yeasty looking coat  covering his
underarm skin when it gets sore.  I'm not totally convinced  about the allergies
but I do keep him on the benadryl long after the antibiotics  are gone so I
guess that's what it is.  I've had 6 bassets and this is the  first I've ever
come across this personally.

Hugs & Blessings,
Alisa - Mom to Bentley (& Sadie  and to Molly, Maggie,Watson & Buddy all
ATB  2008)