[Dailydrool] Basset Armpits

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Oct 19 13:44:20 PDT 2009

I have been battling Sadie Maye and Abby's itchy pits, tummy,Rudolph noses and mouths forever.  I have finally hit on something that seems to be really helping.  A month ago I started them on cold pressed Salmon Oil that is soy free.  I was given a recommendation to start them on a therapeutic dose daily and the itchies have finally diminished dramatically and no more hot spots. Yippee!

For a therapeutic dose, give 300mg DHA+EPA per10 pounds of dog.  I was told to do this for a minimum of 3 months then start a maintenance dose.  The maintenance dose is to give a combined EPA+DHA total of 300mg per 30lb of dog.

Just thought I would share what seems to be helping my itchy gals who are much happier now.
Karen and the Dog House Gang