[Dailydrool] Bruce's Ears

Lindsay Roberts lroberts1016 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:46:03 PDT 2009

My beautiful little Basset puppy, Bruce, has an ear infection in each ear
:-( I have taken him to the vet and he is getting antibiotics, ear drops,
and ear cleaning daily. Is there anything I can do for him to make them feel
better until they heal?? It makes me want to cry looking at him; he doesn't
want to play or chew or anything, just lays in my lap all day because of the
pain. And I have always cleaned his ears twice a week so that this wouldn't
happen... is there something else I should do so this doesn't happen again?
I know Bassets get more ear infections than most dogs because of those
precious floppy ears, but I thought every few days would be plenty of
cleaning! He is the greatest little guy in the world; I've only had him for
a few months, but he is always such a happy and friendly boy and I would
HATE for this to ever happen again to him!!!!!