[Dailydrool] Bruce's Ears

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Oct 24 08:55:37 PDT 2009

Some bassets just seem to be more prone to ear infections than others, in my
experience. We've had four bassets, and each one has been different, when it
comes to ears. Some have had little or no trouble with their ears, while
others have been just plagued with problems.

You are doing the right thing, taking care of this problem promptly. I think
that's the best way to cut things short and keep them under control. Do the
treatments as frequently as your vet prescribes, and try not to skip them by
mistake (I know that can be hard).

I don't know if Bruce has any open wounds. If not, you could try using the
Blue Power Ear Treatment about once a week or so--more often if
needed--after you have concluded the vet's treatment. When we got our
Alexis, she had a terrible pseudomonas infection in both ears. Eventually we
discovered that this was the only thing that kept the infection under
control. But I would try all your vet has to offer first. The BPET didn't
destroy the infection; it just kept it from getting worse.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets