[Dailydrool] Vikki & the Puyallup Honda Hounds!

Laurie Zak ljza68tig at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:26:15 PDT 2009

Oh Dear Brave (?!) Vikki! Just the thought of your hour long drive to the Howl-O-Ween party in a smallish car, hound herd in tow, with a treat (which may or may not survive!) tomorrow had me tickled...not to mention groaning inwardly for your plight! We, too, had a car sickee pwincess,(Masami atb), who would lose it during the 10 block drive to the vet! She finally somehow did stop actually getting physically sick...thankfully just before a 1,000+ mile car driving move from St. Louis, Mo. to Sarasota, Fl.! Although she would "forget" and get crazy excited when hearing the words "bye bye", as soon as she was taken near the car, her hypochondria drama would kick in & she would turn tail! Once shoved...i mean, HELPED inside & on her way, she acted as though going "bye bye" was the most horrible torture she could possibly endure (as was anything which involved her getting off her throne and out into the real world where she was not revered!) Our other Basset, Maxie boy, is the complete opposite (in all personality ways, actually) and he exemplifies the "Dog is my Co-Pilot" saying!

If I were in your shoes, I would be most concerned about the potluck treat being transported among those constantly think-they-are-starving houndies! Again, while he does live for food, our Max is an (odd) angel in that department too,and we rarely have to worry about him doing a "drive by" scarfing of food he has not been given the ok to have... whereas Masami would have eaten a metal/glass/steel/kryptonite container to get to goodies, regardless of what it was...she was the somehow survivng queen of several pounds of (stolen) Easter & Valentines day chocolate, and uncountable items of questionable edibility, including an entire bottle of Wite-Out! Although she was AKC registered, we often suspected that she had a bit of goat in her lineage! My thoughts (and prayers for safety & sanity!) will be with you as you embark on what will surely be an...um..."interesting" journey tomorrow! I will try to refrain from laughing (out loud) as I think about you...!  :)

Also, be sure to talk to Max's slavedaddy Jeff about our houndie ear infection experiences...I am not sure what all you have been through with Sara Sue but we might be able to offer some suggestions/info which worked wonders for us and Max!

Can't wait to mee you & your herd! See you soon!

Healing drool to all in need & houndie hugs to everyone on this fine fall day!

Laurie