[Dailydrool] Elmo's ultrasound

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Mon Oct 26 19:13:27 PDT 2009

Elmo finished up 4 weeks of Baytril for that nasty e-coli UTI and
had an abdominal ultrasound today.  His bladder looks tons
better and NO bladder cancer.  Also no tumor on his spleen -
he does, however, have gall stones.  My vet said not to worry
about those - very small and not that many and Elmo is, after
all, 12 yrs. old.  I am much relieved!  Drool rocks - thanks for
keeping it coming!

Elmo thoroughly enjoyed the ultrasound - acted like it was even
better than a belly rub!  Wagged his tail off and on and had
Mandy, the vet tech, massaging his big fat paws - the boy
was very contented!

All of the 16 paws went to the vet today - well, actually
Bosley just went along for the ride because he howls
and carries on something awful without his peeps.  I found
where one of the four leggers peed on one of the dog beds
and this is a big red flag for a UTI at my house.  The girls
were the prime suspects so they also got ultrasounds
to check out their bladders and a sterile catch for a
possible culture.  Gracie's urinalysis was highly suspicious
so she's on antibiotics until the culture comes back.  Elmo
also is having his urine cultured to make sure his infection
is completely gone.

As luck would have it, we got to leave just in time for rush
hour traffic, so I drove 4 snoozing houndies and my now
empty wallet back home, arriving just in time for them all
to get excited about chow.  If only I got that got that excited
about fixing it . . .

Our Elder Clara cookbook should come in a day or so, but
I got a sneak peak at Auntie Jean's yesterday.  It's a must
have!!  I heard that Wendie will be hawking them at BHRG's
Bash in a couple of weeks IF she has any left . . .

Donna, drool fueler for Elmo, Pw Pauline, Gracie and Pw
Bosley, missing Dudley ATB