[Dailydrool] garlic

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 28 20:00:54 PDT 2009

I have used garlic pills for years to ward off fleas. Ms.Brandy was not able to tolerate the topical Advantage or Frontline anymore- so I researched a bit and learned that garlic can ward off fleas. For the first year or so she would have a scrambled egg with a 1/2 tsp of chopped garlic. When she refused that- I switched to garlic pills ( they look like vitamin E pills). She took those ( 1 or 2 a day depending on the season) until a few months ago when giving her pills became difficult as she wouldn't take them in anything. And Dawg forbid she bite into one if I just dropped it into her dish. Oh the LOOK of disgust I would get!! I would not be concerned with a bit of garlic in a recipe. As for the thread on grapes- it is actually the seeds that contain the poison- of which your basset would have to eat a whole lot of to get sick.

Angelika