[Dailydrool] A bit of drool

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Thu Oct 29 09:58:27 PDT 2009

Last week, I took Bel and Abner in to have heartworm tests and a shot or
two. Just after we left the vet's, I noticed that a skin tag Bel has had for
years now seemed as if the skin was peeling back from it. About a week
later, it was scabbed over and yucky. Then Bel started licking at it, so I
figured it was time to see the vet.

He did cytology on the thing and discovered a bacterial infection. But there
were also some funny cells that he did not recognize, so he is having the
lab test it. In the meantime, Bel's on Clavamox.

Please send some drool in Bel's direction. He's my heart dog and is 13 years
old. Right now, with Drew still unemployed, things are tough. I'm hoping
this is no more than an infection--but at the least, if it does have to come
off, by the time the antibiotic works on it, it should be smaller and easier
to remove.
Pam and all the Dashing Bassets