[Dailydrool] Slater needs major drool!

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:05:14 PDT 2009

Just got back from the Vetspital w/Slater dog. Got home from class today,
and Slater's tummy was so huge, he looked like he swallowed a basketball!! I
gave him some simethicone & rushed to our vet. After 2 x-rays, some blood
work & a urinalysis, 2-ish hrs. in the vetspital, and another $200, we're
waiting for results.... But, it's not bloat, he has fluid in his abdomin.
The vet looked at it, and it's clear, which is good, I guess, but we need to
assertain why it's there. They said there's no blockages, and they can't see
why it would have the fluid in it. They also said one of his values (it
started w/an "A" and apparently it has something to do w/protein levels) was
low, but they said it was still in the "normal" range. That really made me
mad! They never mentioned before his surgery that anything was low, so I'm
not too pleased w/that. But, they did say the values were in the "normal"
range. Sounds like what they're looking at is either a liver or a kidney
issue, and they made it sound like it could be minor or major, but w/o all
the info, we won't know 'til morning.

So, Slater could use some major "nothing major!!" drool! Honestly, I don't
know how much more of this I can take; I've spent so much on him, I'm not
sure I can continue to support him if it's something major... and I really
don't want to think about it... Hopefully we'll get the results early
tomorrow morning, so we can know what we're dealing with!

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Slater the sickly, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473