[Dailydrool] Socks and bassets--tips needed desperately

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Oct 31 09:06:25 PDT 2009

When I was at the vet's with Bel, he told me to use a sock on Bel's foot if
he started licking the infected skin tag. I breezily agreed to do so, having
no idea what I was in for.

Yesterday I took one of my shortest socks and a gauze pad and tape. I taped
the pad on the bleeding area and covered it with the sock, taping it to the
fur. Fine. Problem is, I kept having to retape the sock, since Bel kept
getting it to slip. Sometimes he would step on it and nearly fall. My sock
has been through mud and many other substances I really don't want to think
about.

I know I must be doing this wrong. Can some Droolers who are more
experienced give me some tips? Should I buy him some children's socks? If
so, what size? (Bel is a bit under 60 pounds.) What kind of tape is best? I
hesitate to use duct tape, but I'm doubting anything less will work.
Thanks,
Pam & the Dashing Bassets