[Dailydrool] Bella

White, Randee randee.white at Vanderbilt.Edu
Wed Sep 16 11:08:33 PDT 2009

I just got this note from Terrell.  Thanks to everyone who sent drool.
I think Bella must have been needed at the Bridge.  This was all so
sudden.  I'm sure she is at the buffet right now.  Sweet, sweet Bella.
You'll be missed.   Randee and The White House Gang

"Randee,

Bella started bleeding last night and it got worse this morning. We took
her to the vet for surgery this morning as we had planned and they
couldn't do it because she was bleeding so much. They thought she had
DIC. All of the options they gave us were pretty grim and short term. We
ended up putting her to sleep. It was an agonizing decision but probably
the best one we could make under the circumstances. I am dreading
telling Caleb and Shelby tonight. I took pictures of Caleb and Bella
this morning before he left for school. I'll send you one to post on the
internet basset hound rescue. We got two drools last night which cheered
Caleb up a bit.

     I'm just broken hearted,

                 Terrell"