[Dailydrool] Rolph and Daphneyland

Sally King sally.king at nqe.com
Tue Sep 1 01:40:27 PDT 2009

Like everyone else we are worrying about Dawn and her hounds and hoping it all works out. It is terrible to think people have lost their lives and we pray that no more lose theirs.

Rolph seems a little better this morning. After he got home last night  he turned down food and about an hour later was very sick indeed. The vet told me not to give him Peptobismol and this can create more gas, but had given me some other tablets, so I got one of those down him.
He asked for a walk, but stopped on the driveway, so I popped him back in the house while I took Clara for a very quick stroll.

He slept beside my bed last night so I could keep an eye on him. He woke at about 5am and was pacing and clearly unable to get comfy, but after a ten minute calming session, he snuggled back down to sleep.

This morning he wanted his breakfast, so I gave him a tiny bit and have left instructions that if it stays down, my daughter is to offer him a little more at lunchtime.

It's not all bad. Dog knows how, but a plastic bag with rotten bananas appeared in my garden overnight. Luckily I saw them when he asked to go out and managed to clear them up before he grabbed them.
He doesn't help himself!

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK