[Dailydrool] Another note on back issues

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Tue Sep 1 07:56:00 PDT 2009

I also read something online that said that bassets are most likely to get
back trouble before the age of six. If your hound is older than that, you
probably don't have to worry. Though my vet did give me some information
that said older dogs who show such signs may have cancer.

When Abner had his trouble, I commented to one of the vets that he seemed
young for it. I was told he was right in the age range when it tended to
happen. He was about six years old, we think, at that time.

Maybe that's another good reason to adopt a senior?
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets