[Dailydrool] Prednisone Dosage

Volger, Melissa mvolger at newhall.k12.ca.us
Tue Sep 1 15:28:45 PDT 2009

Does anyone know what the correct daily dosage of Prednisone 20 mg
tablets should be for a 65 pound hound?    I have heard that it is 1 mg.
per pound of body weight.  My Basil usually gets injections every 4
months or so for his skin allergies.  We have been given some tablets
and heard that they are less harmful.

Basil and Lucy are sending tons of drool to Dawn and all of her hounds
and friends at Daphneyland.  I live nearby and that is ALWAYS my first
thought when I hear there is a fire.  I am praying for their safety as
always and hope this situation will be over soon.  It is hot, smoky and
stinky outside with ashes flying all over.   Anywhere but So Cal sounds
very appealing right now!

Melissa Volger
Slave to Basil & Lucy