[Dailydrool] The good hearts of people and houndies

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Tue Sep 1 15:33:52 PDT 2009

So often in daily life, or listening to the news, it's easy to get
discouraged about people and life today -- the crime, incivility, and  selfishness
that's too often seen or publicized.

But then there are wonderful, quiet, touching examples that restore  our
faith in the goodness of people's (and houndies') hearts.

Look at how Droolers have been so moved by the terrifying plight of
Daphneyland.  In just a day since the fundraising page went up, friends and
strangers have donated almost $8,000 to help these poor, homeless houndies
threatened by fire and smoke and an uncertain future.

I cry thinking of them, and the people who love and care for them, in such
an overwhelmingly frightening situation.

But then I cry again -- "happy" tears from the heart -- when I see how
people have embraced them, donating from a few dollars to a few hundred,
whatever they can, to helping with everything ranging from the unforeseen
medical bills to replacing all the toys and comfort snugglies that have  already
been destroyed by the smoke.

We continue to pray that Daphneyland will be spared, and that these sweet
dogs and the blessed angels who care for them will be safe in their home.
And we also give thankful prayers for the goodness of Daily Droolers across
the country who have taken Daphneyland into their own hearts.

They need so much, here's the address for donations:

_http://www.firstgiving.com/ActonFire_BassetRescueNetwork_
(http://www.firstgiving.com/ActonFire_BassetRescueNetwork)

Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)
steps!