[Dailydrool] Daphneyland update - 9/2 - very early AM

Susan Green suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Wed Sep 2 05:53:50 PDT 2009

Oh the days just seem to go one endlessly!!

Tonight after a very active day - we were in evac mode in a big way when a gust came up and blew a wall of smoke and ash at us, Rita wrangled hounds quickly back inside to stay in comfort and out of the heavy smoke, and I made the fire department calls.....  We were on Stand By, and then about an hour alter it all calmed down.

Karen and the Dog House Gang were able to network some radio interviews, and thank you to those who emailed in when you heard them.  Let's hope an air purification system comes in quick -

Calls, emails and offers kept pouring in and its so heart warming how much support is being heaped upon the hounds - absolutely amazing.

Tonight things are once again calm - the monster of Station has laid down tonight - we are hoping that the humidity increase helps the firefighters get this under control quickly.

In the realm of rescue it never stops - and special thanks go out to Jim & Sherrie Strachan, who bailed a lovely white faced lady today from Lancaster, naming her Sadie they are emergency fostering her rather than bringing her here where she may have to be evacuated at any time...... tell Chase two hounds usually means more treats.

Bill and Laura will be saving -2- hounds form the North Central Shelter in the morning and fostering them - many hugs to emergency foster teams - the day to day of rescue continues regardless of our situation here, and its so wonderful that this disaster is not hindering saving the lives of fire victims.

We have a vet run in the morning early - Ross will need to stay at Dr. Kim's for a few days as his weight is dropping quickly and the stress and smoke is not being handled well - if there is anyone who could brave a trek out here (we can tell you the back way in) and take him into Canoga Park - please give a shout.

What an amazing team we have -

I am exhausted beyond belief - and looking forward to a really good stress relieving crying jag -
Good night everyone - time for the final property check and that pillow is calling my name....

Hugs to all
Dawn

We are currently facing the Station FIre - email will be forwarded to the appropraite volunteer, please be patient.
Donations for emergency funding can be made at:
www.firstgiving.com/ActonFire_BassetRescueNetwork

In the event of an emergency - please call 661 269-2682