[Dailydrool] Ms. Beasley - Space doggy

Ruth Beattie ruthie4042 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:57:35 PDT 2009

Yesterday Ms. beasley's vet, Dr Corn, made a follow-up visit to check Beas'
ears and anals. We had discussed taking Beas' to her office for a deep ear
and teeth cleaning under anesthesia, however, the cost was prohibited with
my finances.  Dr. Corn, being the wonderful vet she is, suggested we do it
here at my house and she explained what she would do.  She gave Beas' a
shot, let it work, whille monitoring Beas' breathing and listening to her
heart.  Doc then started an IV, by this time Beas' was "Space Doggy", eyes
open and staring, tongue hanging out.  Doc sat on the floor, placed a big
towel under Beas' head and started to clean out her ears, then worked on her
teeth, scraping tartar off.  Doc was done in about 20-25 mins.  I know this
procedure may not have been as thorough as going into the sterile confines
of the office, but it was sure a lot cheaper for me!  Doc stayed for another
30 mins to make sure Beas' came out of the anesthesia, which she tolerated
well.  My fun started when she was trying to stand up and the back end
wouldn't work, I got scared, but then just comforted her and within a hour
she was standing up, taking careful steps.  I couldn't help but laugh at
her, she looked like a drunken sailor!  I kept on calling her Space Doggy.
She tried to jump on my bed last night, that being her favorite spot to
sleep, but just couldn't and I didn't want her to hurt her back, so I made
her a bed of some old comforters and pillows on the floor next to my bed and
she slept there until 8:30 this morning.  Today she is no worse for the
ware, eating and playing with her toys.  I really am fortunate to have a
wonderful vet in Dr. Corn.

Ruthie B &
Ms Beasley (Mama, why is da room spinn')