[Dailydrool] Calender picture

Tammara Byers gcbassets at homenetnw.net
Wed Sep 9 06:22:12 PDT 2009

Today is our calender picture day, in some ways painful for us but a
reminder of our love for our houndies.
Doozer is now 8 years old,  a rescue from Washington Basset Rescue,  she
is my velcro puppy.
Freckles is 12 1/2 yrs now, also a rescue from WABR,  our queen and
ruler of the house, we are now dealing with health issues with our girl,
degenerative disk disease, laryngeal paralysis, some hearing loss and
perhaps some cognitive issues as well,  but we love on her, and in
return get the bassitude we love so very much!
The black bassador is Harley Davidson, again adopted from WABR, he is 4
now, and our son's shadow, almost sad to watch Harley sit by the back
door, staring as though by pure love and devotion he can make his boy
come home sooner!  Where our son is, that is where Harley is,  and he
really has a tough time dealing with the fact Quenton is working now
part-time at Safeway!
Last but certainly never least is our beloved Murphy dog,  adopted in
April of '94 from the Spokane Humane Society,  we lost our boy on May
8th this year,  the house has been too quiet, and we are still
grieving,  he will always own our hearts and the 15 years we had
together went by far too quickly as it reminds us our son will soon be
off and on his own.
Murphy is now romping in heaven, keeping my mother company and waiting
for us.
We are once again contemplating another adoption,  but they haven't
spoken to me yet, but the time will come and once again there will be 4
coulee droolers.
Our prayers stay with Dawn at Daphneyland,  and with our troops,
God bless you all,
Tammara Byers,
forever momma to Freckles, Doozer, Harley D
Murphy ATB 5-8-9,and Douglas 4-25-06
Grand Coulee, Wa