[Dailydrool] Hound's Bay New Item! Cashmere Basset!

SUSAN INTESSIMONE froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 14 06:43:45 PDT 2009

Using scraps of cashmere wool from my grandmother's stash (so we're talking very vintage fabric here!), I made a stuffed basset to raise money for vet care for a little new blue basset girl we got this past weekend.  "Bridgett" was fine at the shelter but appears to have contracted kennel cough and needs meds.  This stuffed basset is very soft and warm to snuggle with.  NOT a dog toy!  The eyes are affixed with locking washers so they shouldn't ever pull out, but this probably shouldn't be a child's toy, either (older kids who won't try to dismantle it, maybe!)  The picture shows my 7 yr old Nicholas holding it--it's a good sized basset (takes nearly an entire bag of stuffing to fill!)

So, check it out under Other Basset Items!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets
Murphy, Jeremiah and Sweenie
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc
www.bluegrassbassetrescue.org