[Dailydrool] hard to say goodbye

Teddy and Izzy teddyandizzy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 06:25:26 PDT 2009

I've been lurking and should have been writing about my calendar day which
was my birthday on September 3rd.  The picture was of Annie and Teddy (not
one of my better efforts.  It's hard (and I know many of you have had this
experience) to have lost one and then have their calendar picture come up.
I knew it was coming and kept peeking ahead, trying to be prepared.  It was
also close to the day (August 30th) that I lost Annie.  She had come down
with sudden and devastating lymphoma although I think the truth is that we
had been fighting it back for quite some time.  A vet had told me more than
2 years before that he thought she had it but he could not prove it and I
finally called a halt to all the poking and prodding and started
concentrating on a more holistic approach (thank  you, Sandy Gaston).
Anyway, I was not prepared and I'm not sure you ever are and was truly
shocked and devastated by her death.

This has made me feel better - I am an avid fan of Bark magazine and saw an
article in there about tributes to our lost ones and how to submit one so I
did and they have published it here
http://thebark.com/content/three-goodbyes.  It's a little thing but I like
it that it's out there.

I send condolences, love, and healing drool to all who have lost their
precious furkids no matter when.  I think our memories may sometimes bring
us pain but so often also bring us joy and that should be honored.

peace, love, joy
Beth
&Teddy&Izzy