[Dailydrool] home remedies seem to work

Suzabells at aol.com Suzabells at aol.com
Wed Sep 16 10:31:16 PDT 2009

Dear Droolers and Love Dogs,
this may be controversial but Daisy and i have figured out what appears to
be comfortable solutions to her little problems. this is our second summer
together,

i put her up on the bed every morning, turn her over and wash her armpits
with some warm soapy water. i dry them then apply a coat of Benedryl
ointment if  they are too pink. most days they arent. the odor is quite strong so i
use Dove  deoderant for sensitive skin, i rub it on there and she smells
heavenly all day.  the days i use the benedryl i skip the Dove.  she gets her
face, neck and  tummy wiped down every day with warm water and a spot of
Dove shower soap on the  rag. it works fine.

a little talcum powder around her neck and jaws kills the gland smells that
 gets into the carpet if you dont watch out. i shampoo the carpeting in the
house  about every two months as it is a light rose and i dont own this
house, my son  bought it for me.

we just get along the best we can and so far she is doing wonderfully. she
is sweet but prone to temper tantrums if company doesnt include her in the
conversation, she wants to talk too! she jumps on the love seat and buries
her  nose in the cusions and yowls ! i let it go a few seconds, then say "no
more,  Daisy! we hear you!"  calm is restored.

 her walking and sleeping habits are fine, she sleeps with me of  course. i
never thought i  would share my bed with a dog but Daisy isnt  just a dog,
is she? hah! maybe we are all nuts but these are great partners in  life!
with some common sense in play, we seem to iron out the problems as  we go.

the dogs that are itching all over may need a tablet of Benedryl. it wont
hurt them.  and for the dog who is itching and wont go in the crate now...
pay attention to the dog! something in there is causing his misery and he
knows  it. they have great instincts!  love to all babies and owners, sue and
Daisy