[Dailydrool] right place, right time

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 16 15:12:06 PDT 2009

Greetings and healing drool to all in need.
Today, all my 8 went to the Vet for routine care, some got boosters and exams, heart worm test, all got a pedicure and anal expression, and for the first time, we inoculated them with flu vaccine.  It hasn't hit Long Island yet, but it is getting close.  Even I am getting a flu shot for the first time this year.
I take two hounds at a time, making it four trips and several hours.  It is the high point of my social life LOL.  I meet so many wonderful people in the waiting room, and I love meeting all the other pets.  Today, I saw the saddest spaniel, really raw from allergies.  This was a first visit for this client, and I tried to strike up a gentle conversation, but I don't like to over step bounds.  Well, I finally did see the man leave with leash and collar, but no dog, and I only pray that the pet was left for treatment.  He was so sweet looking, and in my having an allergy boy myself, I understand the frustration of keeping it under control.
I brought the last pair of hounds home, and then I returned to the office to pay up the bill.  It is just easier to do this without the hounds tugging to bolt out the door, and I live 5 minutes away. So on my last trip home, driving my usual back roads, I am a couple of blocks from my house, when from around the corner of a side street bolts a stray dog.  It took me a nano second to recognize "Angel", a friend's pit bull.   (Their previous pit bull, Harley, was Pierre's BEST, BEST, BEST FRIEND, and sadly he passed from cancer a couple of years ago).  Not even thinking there might be a car behind me, I stopped in the middle of the road, and called out "Angel".  Good thing she knows her name, and good thing she remembered me because she came to a stop.  I was trying to open the back door for her, and her Mom came dashing around the corner, which I think startled Angel, but she stayed put, and with little encouragement, she jumped into the back seat of my car, very fragrant with the stink of 8 houndie anal expressions smell.  Mom ran home, although I offered her a lift (did I say stinky car?), because she had a small child and gardeners to worry about also.  It was the toddler who let Angel out.  I have to imagine that poor woman was having a near heart attack!!!!She called me her Angel, but I was only all to happy to be in the right place at the right time.
I too have had nightmares of the hounds escaping.   I pray it never happens.
Peace, love and drool.
Jackie and the sleepy from the Vet visit hounds