[Dailydrool] Urgently need advice

Kay, Nancy K *HS NKK3U at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu Sep 17 06:22:37 PDT 2009

Hi Beth,

Based on your note, I think I would call Karen even though she said not to. It's not fair for you to have to make the life-or-death or keep-going decisions about Emma, no matter how close you are to Karen and Emma. If Karen still says the decision is up to you, I would go with your trusted vet's intuition.

When people think about going on vacation, often the foremost thing in their minds is "getting away from it all at last!" Well, Karen has had 4-5 days of that by now, so her batteries should be a bit recharged to help her handle what you will have to tell her.

Someone on the Drool has said several times about this dilemma, "It's better to help them to the Bridge a day too soon than a day too late."

Me heart goes out to you, Emma, and Karen.

Nancy, and Frank and Sarah