[Dailydrool] Beth re: Emma

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 04:56:57 PDT 2009

Beth, I think you are suffering a terrible burden - one no friend (or pet sitter) should have to bear.  I think I would turn Emma over to the vet for his decision and let him contact your friend.  It is only a few more days and if she is so ill, perhaps she should be at the vet's office anyway.

This said, I am the type of dog Mom who wants to be called every day, anyway, for every single normal and abnormal behavior!  My vet has a release to treat that reads: Please treat my animals regardless of who brings them in, save their lives, money is no object!  If I were absolutely unreachable for some bizarre reason, I also trust my vet not to let my dogs suffer (especially my 15 year old).  I don't believe you mentioned how old Emma is.

Anyway, you have been put in an untenable position and I think you should turn over the decision making and the contacting Emma's owner to the vet.

Drool to you from me and the hounds of Orlando.

GinnyTata-Phillips, co-author of DOGKU, PETKU , BASSETKU and the brand new RESKU!

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me