[Dailydrool] Emma

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 17 13:38:32 PDT 2009

What a heart wrenching position to be in.  And I've been there.  Did Karen actually leave directions with the veterinarian giving permission for you to make the decision for Emma?  I work for a group of veterinarians and while owners will call and give permission for others to make decisions when they are out of town, if it comes down to life or death, the vet will still contact the owner if they are reachable.  In my own situation, I was watching a very dear dog friend who I knew had many health issues, and she bloated.  Her underlying issues made it impossible to operate, but the emergency clinic would not let her go to the bridge without first talking to mom who Thank God had her cell with her.  Her best friend was her vet's wife, who also came to join me at the emergency clinic, but still they needed to talk to her.  I feel like when you get a pet, you take responsibility for the decisions in their life, and while it's okay to let a dear
 friend accept responsibility if it's allergies act up, or it gets stung by a bee, or has vomiting or diarrhea,  if it is life threatening the responsibility falls on the owner.  Call her, A good friend wouldn't want you to have to make this kind of decision. You are truly a special person to care so deeply.
Janet,mom slave of Carlie Jane, Yogi, Bunny and so many at the bridge it hurts to think about it